Question

How to Select a precise list of jobs in Job Status Maintenance

• 11 April 2024
  • 5 replies

We are facing the following challenge : 

• At Labrie, we usually don’t firm jobs that don’t have all the materials available to produce. (for Manuf parts)
  • The tool we use to validate if there is everything to produce is Fulfillment workbench.
  • Once we get the list of jobs that are 100% ready to fulfill, we are stuck in a one-by-one operation to go into Job entry, and Firm and Release all those jobs.
  • Example: If one morning I get 43 jobs ready to fulfill, I need to open the first one in Job Entry, Firm and Release, save, write the Change log comment, and then move to the next, 23 times. It is painstaking and time consuming.
  • The reason we can’t use the Out of The Box Job Status Maintenance tool from Epicor is
    • a) there is no way we can paste-insert a list from Excel into the list mode of this window
    • b) there is no marker on a job that says “Ready-to-Fulfill” that we could filter on to isolate only those unfirm-ready-to-fulfill jobs.

How you guys would manage this ? We are about to investigate on how we could “force” the paste-insert in Job Status maintenance, and if we can’t, we are going to build a customized tool that will take the paste-insert.

I have factories that spend 2 hours and a half every week to firm and release their jobs. It would be a tremendous improvment to have the ability to batch this.

I know DMT could be an option, but we dont want to have to many people handling DMT’s accross the company. It is not a daily and user-friendly tool, and there is not enough security around it.

We are running on Kinetic 2022.1.33.

5 replies

Userlevel 4

@CarolineP 

What version of Epicor/Kinetic are you currently running?

Hi Scott, 

We are on Kinetic 2022.1.33.

Userlevel 4

Have you already tried using Production Planning Process and Production Planner Workbench?

No we did not. Would it help achieve what we want to do ? I am going to research on this.

Userlevel 1

Here is what we have done to overcome this is by utilizing Constrained Materials on our BOM items. This prevents our job start dates until material is available, so when our planners go in to Job Status Maintenance and pull the list of jobs by date they can release the group of jobs for today’s date because they would not be available to start without the material. They also utilize the Production Planner workbench to help track shortages.