Solved

Inactive Inventory

• 29 February 2024
  • 5 replies

• Known Participant
  • 59 replies

I’m needing to get a list of parts that has been inactive for the past two years, and also the value of those parts as of 12/31/2023.

What is the best way to go about getting these values?

icon

Best answer by djo 29 February 2024, 18:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

Although there’s an “inactive” on part, I don’t think there’s a date for when it went inactive.  You could write a BAQ that finds the most recent PartTran date for each part (group by partnum).  Then join that to Parts where you have a criteria on Parts for Inactive = true, and a criteria on the subquery where Date <= today - 2 years.  For values, you’d take that list of parts as a subquery and use it to get the inventory amounts you had on hand as of 12/31/23.

Userlevel 3

Gary,

I do this with a BAQ and Dashboard.  The dashboard is for filtering by warehouse and MaxTransDate.  I have attached the BAQ.  One criteria to take note of is on the subquery.  I am only counting certain transactions as “valid” for determining activity.  I don’t consider STK-STK and other transactions as real activity.  I only include STK-MTL, MFG-STK, PUR-STK, MFG-CUS and STK-CUS.  Each company is different so you may want to modify these.

We are also AVG cost so I have those fields displayed. 

Hope this is helpful,

Doug

Doug,

Thank you. I just had a hard time knowing where to start.

I think this is going to work for what we need, with just a couple of modifications.

Userlevel 3

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Userlevel 3

Epicor has a Slow Moving Inventory report and a Stock Aging report that will provide you with the Item, quantity, and value of the inventory.