Is this EUG worth the cost?

• 9 July 2021
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

My annual EUG membership is due for renewal and I’m struggling to justify the expense. Since the change to the new website the traffic seems like it’s way down.

It’s nearly impossible to follow topics since we don’t get a daily digest without visiting the website and browsing through topics. That takes too much time when the likelihood of discovering new and useful information is too low.

I asked a complicated UOM question a while back and didn’t get much help here. I asked the same question on Epiusers.help and received prompt and thorough responses.

I’ve seen topics posted that are interesting but don’t get any traffic. When I subscribe to a post I don’t get notified when others respond.

I could spend the money on Insights to cover the discount. Not sure that there’s that much more value.

4 replies

Userlevel 3

John,

You’re right there have been some challenges with the new platform.  We do have a digest now, so I will make sure you are contacted to set that up.  If you could point out the post you subscribed to where you did not receive the update, I’d like to have that looked into please.  Here are all the benefits to your EUG membership:

Interactive and archived training webinars
Discounts to Insights - $200 off in addition to early bird
Discounted Epicor University credits (15% off)
Notifications and support for regional group meetings
Ability to contribute and download from product forums
Passive vendor introductions
We’re currently conducting at least 3 webinars a month on the first, third and fourth Wednesdays which are educational, vendor led and Epicor led respectively.  We have had some issues with the notifications and announcements on these webinars but that issue has been reported resolved and you should see more traffic about these event.  You can find the archived webinars here:
and our events schedule here:
Historically, we have relied on our volunteer leaders to run the organization on their own time operating with only 1 employee.  That has changed.  We now have an Executive Director and Event Coordinator on staff.  They are beginning to make progress with changes and improvements to provide more value to our membership and regional group leaders.  Once this reorganization is complete, we intend to help you maximize your Epicor investment through all the way described above and we’re open to any input you may have to make the EUG more valuable to your organization.  Let me know if you’d like to talk in person or you can just send me a message if you prefer:  keith.cote@epicorusers.org
Your comment about the forums was noted.  I have some ideas beyond the digests but I’d be grateful for your input.  Expect to hear from our staff to get you set-up on the digest.

Keith

Keith Cote
President, Epicor User Group

Hi, 

In the previous platform I got the daily digest without any actions from my side. In the reply I can see this comment “...point out the post you subscribed to where you did not receive the update”. Do I have to subscribe to every discussion separately? I hope not. It may well be that the question first does not interest me at all, but then suddenly the replies make it relevant for. 

I’m also missing the daily digests.

/ Päivi

Userlevel 3

There are alternatives to the daily/weekly digests that we implemented a while ago. Please see the following post for more information. 

We are also working on new enhancements and alternatives to these which will be released in the coming weeks.

The daily digests from the previous system were an opt-in. The weekly digest in the above post replicates this functionality.

@paivi.rahkonen You do not need to subscribe to individual posts. To receive updates about new posts, you need to subscribe to the sub-forum (the screenshot below shows the subscribe/unsubscribe button in the bottom right-hand corner). If you are showing ‘unsubscribe’ then you are subscribed.

Subscriptions were imported from our previous platform.

@paivi.rahkonen This platform does work differently to the old platform and does not send repeat updates on posts. If you have not viewed the latest notification you will not receive further updates. This is a design of the platform to reduce email noise, however, we understand this isn’t suitable for all and we are working on alternatives. 

I do recommend the ‘Active Since Last Visit’ page which shows updates and responses since you last visit to the community. This is my ‘Goto’ page and provides me the quickest access to new posts.

Link: Active Since Last Visit 

We are listening and looking to make improvements in all areas. Please feel free to share your feedback directly with me.

John,

You have described my experience and disappointments perfectly.  I barely had time to read the daily summary emails of all posts before - but I made the time because I learned a lot.  Now several extra clicks/steps to get ?some? of the info...not helpful, and I have not been doing it much.  This tool appears to be less useful and dying out.  I’m truly grateful to the members who do take the time to help answer all these questions and hope we can go back to daily summaries of all posts.

The Online Events - User Group Meetings, webinars, and access to topic history are the most helpful and worth the Membership cost.  The User Group leaders like CodaBears and so many others are amazing.  Thank you to every member who dedicates time and attention to the EUG.