Question

Job costs associated with discrepant PO

• 19 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Epicor 10.2

I am very curious to why no costs were pulled from our job when we scrapped parts that came back from heat treat?

Process:

• Received discrepant material from our vendor.
  • Received the parts in “Receipt Entry” with “inspection required” in Epicor
  • Failed parts in inspection
  • Failed parts in DMR

When I look at the DMR tables, there are no costs associated with these parts. These parts have been through 3 operations (That have been completed), with material issued and was scrapped at the subcontract operation by our vendor. My assumption would be that once we scrapped these parts out through DMR, that it would average the costs to manufacture them, up to this point, and throw them in the DMR bucket.

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong? 

2 replies

You scrapped the subcontract PO (and only it’s value), not the operation which would have grabbed all incurred costs up to that point. If you one through the DMR rejection state, it just looks like the subcontract OP is incomplete.

I understand why it was designed to behave this way (as it’s applicable in many environments where you might for example just return to vendor and have them strip/replate a part) but you’ll have to adapt your processing to how the system handles it if you want to have total incurred costs up to that point pulled out of the job.

Perhaps accept with deviation (which would still be a black mark if you’re doing vendor quality metrics) and then NC the operation to pull all costs out. (You can still reference the vendor ID in the DMR even for operation source NC’s & handle any credit/debit memo issues manually). 

Thanks for the quick reply Rob. 

I guess I didn’t do enough digging. My immediate response is that it would pull it. It does make sense. 

Appreciate the help