Question

Job Entry - Mtl Red Dot showing unexpectedly

• 15 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I know that the red dot shows in these situations:

1. Not enough stock is available to satisfy this material’s requirement.
  2. The Job Material is now overdue.
  3. The job material is from stock, and is coming from a different site, from which the material cannot arrive by the Job Material Required Date
  4. The job materials PO release (if purchased) does not have a received quantity, or will not be here before the Material Required Date.
  5. The job material is backflushed, but the backflush location did not have enough on-hand quantity to cover the requirement, and neither does the job material's warehouse plus the backflush warehouse.
  6. The job Start Date is in the past. In this case, there may be enough material quantity available, but because the Start Date is in the past, the material is considered late.

I have confirmed that all of these situations do not apply to the material in question except that the material that is showing a red dot does not have enough inventory in the primary warehouse; so maybe Item 1 is where it’s being triggered?  We do have plenty of on-hand inventory in our POU warehouse but we are short within the primary warehouse.

I assumed that Epicor would look at all available warehouses for supply; is this true?  Does the job only look at the primary warehouse of said part when looking for available stock?

If the job does in fact only look at the primary warehouse then is the solution to the problem here adding a supply warehouse to the respective parts?

2 replies

After some additional research it seems the supply warehouses are designed for Kanban so I am not sure this would be a solution for jobs to look across additional warehouses beyond the primary.

Userlevel 4

Dear Brandon, 

One thing you could do, to mitigate the red dot issue, is to customize the material screen with a BAQ Zone for the material part number.  In the BAQ whose results are to be shown when hovering over the triangle flag, you could display the quantity on hand for all bins, giving the user more data without changing screens.

Right-clicking the material part number of course, allows viewing in Part Tracker or directly in Time Phase, for a more advanced user that knows how material flows work in Epicor.

HTH

..Monty.