Question

Journal Entry Approval Flow

• 4 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Does Epicor 10 have an Approval Flow for processing functionally for entering and posting Journal Entries?

Example:

One user can create the Journal Entry but another user has the authorization to approve and or post it.

I haven’t found this functionality yet but I was wondering if I'm just not looking in the right place?

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Shannon,

I may be way off, but there is an option in the GL Transaction Type screen called ‘Manually review all transactions’ which will push all GL transaction of that type in the Review Journal. You can probably use that and restrict access to the Review Journal only to the persons who will approve.

Dragos 

Userlevel 3

The Journal Entry Post is a process and you should be able to restrict who can perform this task via Menu Maintenance.  Go to the Processes section of the Menu tree on the left side of the Menu Maintenance screen and find the Journal Entry Post Process.  Update the Allow Access list under the Security tab and add the users/group/etc. of who is allowed to post.  Activate the Disallow Access for All groups/users, to lock everyone out.

Be careful that you do not lock out the individuals that perform the Capture COS process, as that process automatically posts the inventory/labor/etc. transactions to the GL.

Userlevel 3

Hi Shannon,

I have done a variation of Glenn Owers solution using BPMs.  This allows you to put up messages when it denies the action.

Of course, in your testing, you will want to validate all other Posting process to be sure they function as you wish (AR, AP, Capture COS, bank,….)