Question

Kinetic 2023.2 PO Suggestions - Filtering

• 4 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

We are just starting our testing of 2023.2.x. There is a new menu item for purchasing that combines the New and Change Suggestions screen which is great.

However, we have different users in charge of different types of purchases and want to have multiple filters applied to the Landing page to be more efficient. For example, a tool crib manager purchases the tooling and Supply Chain team purchases materials. 

In classic mode there is an option on the grid for custom filtering with multiple filters. See below.

I am new to the Kinetic screens but I don’t see an option like this. Am I missing something or has Epicor limited the options?

Thank you for any information or direction.

Melissa

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Melissa,

Do you have multiple Buyers set up?  You can set up Part Classes with a specific buyer.  When that buyer views their workbench, they see their items to buy.  Buyers can also be Authorized Users for other  buyers.

Not sure if you need Supplier Relationship Module for this functionality or not.

Hope that is helpful,

Doug

Userlevel 1

Yes we multiple buyers and they are all authorized users on each others accounts for vacations and out of office situations. But on a daily basis they currently use the multi-level filtering to only see suggestions relevant to them and not have to page through unnecessary PO suggestions. Like in the screen shot above my raw material purchasing team does not need or want to see anything for our tool crib, maintenance dept, or tool vending parts.

This works great right now in classic version. In the current filtering options for Part there isn’t even a Not Like option. for us the most useful multi-filtering column is the Buyer.

This seems like a step back for users. Again, unless I am missing something.

Userlevel 3

You certainly should not lose functionality or be forced into buying another module to solve something already in Classic.

We are still on 10.2 and we have the SRM functionality I mentioned above.  Here is a screen our buyers use.  Filtered by buyer from the start.  Maybe this isn’t as good as the combined New and Change suggestions.  I have not seen that screen.

Buyers Workbench with SRM

In answer to Doug’s point about SRM, we’re just starting on Kinetic 2023.2 and have buyers associated to Part Class which is helping with POSuggestions filtering and we don’t use SRM.

Userlevel 1

Can you somehow have multiple buyers assigned to a part class? How do you manage when someone is out of the office?

Melissa

Userlevel 4

You can assign only one buyer per part class.  However, you can still provide coverage by specifying additional authorized users for each buyer ID.