Solved

Kinetic Implementation Project Plan

• 3 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Good Morning,

We are just kicking off our Kinetic implementation. Our consultant utilizes Smartsheet for project planning which will work great for the tasks that are directly related to their steps that need to be completed for the project, but we are very limited to the access we have. 

Has anyone used a project planning software during implementation to keep track of the detailed steps that need to be completed on the customer end? 

Hoping to get some ideas from this team. 

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by a.webb 3 April 2024, 16:52

View original

4 replies

Keep it simple!  A Gantt chart and a RAIL (Rolling Action Item List), tools that all users should be able to use and understand.

We started with Sharepoint which was AWFUL (uploading, downloading, saving revisions = YIKES!) and eventually transitioned to an excel RAIL which still wasn’t effective enough for the complexity and everyone’s preferences.  Since then I have started using CLICKUP which is more robust than most task-type software plus it works with anyone’s work style - List View, Calendar View, Gantt, Kanban Cards. 

We use Microsoft Planner.  It’s a light project management software but comes with the O365 subscription and works well for assigning people tasks and keeping track of them. 

Thank you for the responses.  My team has ClickUp, if the current method doesn’t work I might have to go back to that. 

@Dave Miller I used Microsoft Planner with my past implementation -- simple and direct! Unfortunately we’re not using O365 right now otherwise that would be a great option!