Kinetic ssrs break and routing email not working

• 3 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I am  in the testing phase of  cloud Kinetic and have hit a roadblock. In my current Epicor 10 on premises version I use Altec APM to automatically email order acknowledgments, packing lists and invoices. When they go out the senders email is in the from section and the customer can hit reply to communicate. Now in Kinetic I was convinced to drop Altec and switch to docstar  and SSRS breaking and routing and everything will be easier and better. Well it isn’t either, first I had to create a lot of custom fields and load them with BPM’s to hold my emails addresses.   If I have my emails go out from a fixed email address I think it works. But if I use anonymous authentication so I can use the senders email it doesn’t. I can send to users in my domain but if I send to external users  they just disappear. I don’t know what office 365 does with them. The last response from Epicor was I need to contract professional services to fix this.  This is not a custom application.  You have a senders email in your email template. Why doesn’t it work?  Is anyone able to do this and can provide advice on Epicor or office 365 set up?

2 replies

We use SSRS Breaking to send quotes and other forms such as Sales Orders and Purchase Orders.  

What we did is add a check box to the Quote Header.  When the box is checked, it sends the quote.  This method requires customization of the screen, SSRS Breaking, and a Data Directive.  You don’t have to do the check box and instead execute by report style.  I find the check box is quicker, more efficient. The quote is sent to the contact entered on the quote (or SO or PO).  If you need further information, I can post here or email directly.  It is pretty simple to set up, I am not that technical and was able to do it, but you definitely have to know the basics at least.   Let me know if you would like more info.

Userlevel 3

This isn’t an ‘Epicor’ issue per-se but a security restriction/configuration within Office 365.

It is possible to get this to work, it’s been a while since I implemented a solution and I don’t have the configuration for reference to hand but off the top of my head you could try one of these:

1. Grant the account configured for sending from within Epicor the ‘Send-As’ permission for the user/accounts you want to send as
  2. Configure an Office 365 Exchange SMTP Relay (this SpiceWorks question/solution isn’t the exact solution I was trying to find an example for but may work - [SOLVED] SMTP failes to send to external email - Spiceworks)