Solved

Multiple Customizations In Menu

• 22 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

K2022.1.33 with Classic Screens

Epicor Kinetic has started changing the customization level of all occurrences of an Epicor screen, when we update any one of them.  For example, I change the customization of the Order Entry in Sales Management / Order Management / General Operations, and it also changes the other occurrences of Order Entry in the menu.  First of all, HUGE time saver vs. the old method of finding all the occurrences and changing each one.  But if I have a group of people who still need the old screen, how can I change the customization level of one without changing them all?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by fred 24 January 2024, 20:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

I believe you can choose which layers get assigned to a menu.  You’d have to have a layer that looks the old way and one that looks like the new.  Create different menus for the different layer combinations you want.

Userlevel 2

@fred Thanks but the only prompt I see in classic Menu Maintenance is the one that says “Customization” with the drop down selection.  In my example, the Order Entry program is under Customer Relationship Management / General Operations and also under Sales Management / General Operations.  When I change one of them from customization V17 to V18, it changes both of them.  Is there another type of layer, and if so, where is the control for it?

Best,

..Monty.

Userlevel 3

Sorry, I missed you were trying to do classic customization in Kinetic.  I tried it in 2022.1.  Classic UI for Menu maintenance.  When I edit one menu’s customization, it is not affecting the other menu’s customization.  You may have stumbled onto an undocumented feature in your installation.

You can create a 2nd menu entry and see if the 2nd one would let you specify a different customization.  Not a solution, but a workaround if you need an answer right away and can’t get something from Epicor Support.

Userlevel 2

@fred Yes, it’s weird, when I change one from V18 to V17 and save, there’s an opportunity to see one at V18 and the other at V17.  But when I hit refresh, it can be seen that both of them are now V17.  I’ll try the creation of a new menu entry.

Userlevel 2

@fred Thanks for reminding me that there may be a custom feature doing this!  I’ve discovered a method directive that’s doing this.  All best,

..Monty.