Question

Negative quantity for INS-DMR transaction

• 18 March 2021
  • 2 replies

• Known Participant
  • 90 replies

Hi,

We are on 9.05.604.

I have some weird transactions where I don’t know what our user may have done to create them nor does the user recall as the transactions occurred 2 months ago.  Wondering if anyone has experienced the same.

We have some customer returns on RMA’s.

From RMA Disposition where we Failed the assembly, I have a INS-DMR transaction with a positive quantity of 42.  This is normal.

What is abnormal is later in the day, I see a INS-DMR transaction with a negative quantity of 42 AND a INS-REJ transaction of +42 occur exactly at the same time.  Any ideas as to how this could happen?

I don’t believe we can reverse an RMA Disposition transaction and I have no idea how to make an INS-REJ transaction occur.  I queried our 10 year old system and this is the only INS-REJ transaction.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

2 replies

I think you can delete an entry in RMA disposition, if no further action has happened on the item in question.  I haven’t been on E9 in a while, but that seems to be the case in E10.  When you delete the entry, it generates a negative inventory transaction to cancel out the movement the original disposition created.  There are limits, such as serial number and GL considerations, but I would bet someone deleted the disposition before anything further happened.  I remember learning about it by accident some years ago.  Good luck

Rick

Rick,

Thanks for the help.  The deletion of the RMA Disposition does give me the negative quantity INS-DMR transaction.  Now I just need to figure out how the INS-REJ transaction occurred.

Peter