Question

Order Discount

• 4 April 2022
  • 4 replies

We would like to offer our customers a promo code for an order discount.  We are looking into using Misc Charge Code to apply a 20% order discount.  Our Epicor consultant agreed with our suggestion of using Misc Charge Code.  Epicor Support does not recommend.  Epicor Support suggests that we use Price Group instead.  But my preliminary testing of Price Group applies the discount automatically at Order Line.

Does anyone have any advice on how best to apply an order discount per order in Epicor?

Thanks,

Gina

4 replies

Userlevel 2

I would agree with you and your consultant. We have a similar promotion where we will offer free shipping if you purchase in lots that fit neatly on a shipping skid for certain products. We definitely don’t want to do free shipping for all orders of those products. We accomplished this using a misc. charge. 

Userlevel 2

To add to my last comment, another benefit of the misc. charge is that you can map it to whatever GL Acct you want it to go to. Maybe you have a promotions account or something to that effect. The price list doesn’t do that (to my knowledge)… it just reduces the revenue generated on the account that the product code is mapped to. With that said, if you do want it to reduce the revenue of the order line it’s applied to, then you will need different misc. charges for each GL Account you want to use it with. Keep that in mind.

Exactly the confirmation that I needed.  THANKS for your input.

Userlevel 1

Hi there! I am late to the game to respond here, but absolutely utilize the Misc Charge Code. I agree that you can track the GL easier and certainly offers visibility of ROI on the program/promotion. I use customer groups and price groups rather extensively and that is a lot of setup for one particular promotion and it would be applied to all customers in that grouping and not give the versatility that is required for the promotion you want to create.