Question

PCID Inventory/Cycle Counts

• 11 January 2021
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Anyone out there use PCID functionality with full physical inventory and cycle counting? 

We are on 10.2.600.7 and would like more information on how others use/like/dislike it. 

Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Hi Christine,

Which company are you with?  The Epicor CAMs can likely help connect you with some existing Mobile Warehouse/MFG Wireless Warehouse customers who are using that application for PCID, cycle counting, etc.

Feel free to email me directly!  

quinn.foley@epicor.com

Good morning Christine,

I use PCID, which is wonderful. I haven’t used it for full physical or cycle counts, but that’s on our radar to implement. Conceptually, at a minimum, using PCID for those two functions cuts out two scans per product tied to the PCID. The tricky part I haven’t figured out yet is how PCID cycle counts work with mixed part PCIDs (ex. A pallet-type PCID might have multiple partnums sitting on it.)

If the cycle count tells you to count every “Product-A” and some is contained in a mixed part PCID, do you now have to scan the PCID code AND whatever barcoding exists on “Product-A”’s packaging? I don’t know. Something to think about. But even in that case PCID still provides a ton of value… warehouse managers love skid specificity when products get mixed.

Hi Christine,

Which company are you with?  The Epicor CAMs can likely help connect you with some existing Mobile Warehouse/MFG Wireless Warehouse customers who are using that application for PCID, cycle counting, etc.

Feel free to email me directly!  

quinn.foley@epicor.com

Quinn is awesome (he used to be my CAM but broke my heart for other customers) and it’s absolutely a good idea to make your CAM a friend!