Question

Possible Upgrade to Epicor version 10.2.300 from 10.0.700.4 pros and cons

Hello all, we are currently on Epicor Version 10.0.700.4 and we are looking to Upgrade to Epicor version 10.2.300.

Is there any feedback from anyone who is on version 10.2.300? Our current dilemma would be our EDI uplift that would need to be done in order for us to upgrade.

Is it worth the upgrade? Is anyone on an older version and are happy? Is anyone here on an EDI 3rd party platform> If so which one?

We currently host all our EDI in House, but could be possibly looking at moving it to a 3rd party platform if it makes the upgrade path easier. Any thought and or comments?

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Felipe,

We upgraded from 9.05 to 10.2.300 a couple of years back but we don’t use EDI. I can’t say I found any issues that are particular to this version. I’m sure you have good reasons, but why go to a older version and not go for the latest 10.2.700 ?  We’ve just started that a few days ago. 

Dragos

Userlevel 4

I led an upgrade team two years ago in an upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2.300.  Biggest selling point there, was current support.  Even on 10.2.300 I believe you can get a year of extended support for an additional fee.  This will enable you to discuss with an actual phone call, issues you’re having with Epicor, which hasn’t been possible for you on 10.0 for a few years now.

But that was the biggest difference because the upgrade was from 10.1, rather than 10.0.  In your case, there are about five years of fixes not available to you, that will be baked-in when you upgrade to 10.2.  I advise you run your Pilot and Test systems on a different app server VM from that of your current, live system.  This is so you can import the base SSRS reports and deploy them, without destroying live reporting in your production system.

I’m not aware of any rebuild of EDI software; it may not be necessary for any major work there.  Also, remember to download the feature summary and release notes of everything between your current version and the proposed one, to get an idea of the broken things you’ll be fixing in the process.  And because 10.2.300 was so long ago, you can also look ahead to the things fixed after that time, that you’ll be breaking by installing the upgrade.

HTH

…Monty.