Question

Process to retain samples

• 26 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

We have a need to retain samples of materials produced for quality purposes.

But sometimes, production forgets to do this.

Does anyone else do this and if so, what sort of processes do you use to assure collection and retention?

I’ve been considering a new operation step that can only be completed by a quality agent.  And I’m trying to avoid some customization linked to materials moving into inventory.

Thoughts???/

1 reply

Carl,

A few thoughts that I have seen passed around over the years for customers.

• As you stated a trigger at JRTI will be the final chance to catch a quantity
  • Add operation step - Ensure All Operations must be reported or this could be skipped and Job Completed as you have noted.
  • Add a BPM to count the quantity reported  (against the due quantity such as how a Skip Lot works for Receiving) at Data Collection for a given operation where you have designated the produced part needs to be pulled for Quality and Pop up a message and send Email to Quality to go to the station to collect the parts. Key will also be for the JRTI transaction to reduce the final to stock quantity by the quantity for QA.
  • If you have Enhanced Quality - Add an Inspection Plan to the given operation that will require entry of QA results.

Thanks

Bill