Question

Purchase Receipt Default Warehouse

• 17 March 2021
  • 5 replies

We have previously sent all of our purchased inventory part through an inspection process in Epicor 10.1.  Because they were being inspected they were all received into a QA Receiving warehouse. 

We have made the decision to not inspect some parts and do a true dock to stock - receive directly into the default warehouse set up on the part.  I have been able to get these parts to not require inspection - but when I go to receive them they automatically go into the warehouse/bin that is set up in site configuration.  Because all of our parts are received into their own individual bin location we would have to either change the location at receiving or do an inventory transfer.  

My question is - is there a way to get these parts to receive directly into the default warehouse that is set up on the part?  It seems like something that should just happen if there is a default warehouse set up but it is not working.

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Michelle Thompson

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi Michelle,

Just to confirm, have you established a “Primary Bin” for each of these parts?

Regards,
Scott

Userlevel 2

My guess is that it is controlled by your  part class. You may need to set up a new part class for non inspected inventory purchases. 

Hi Michelle,

Just to confirm, have you established a “Primary Bin” for each of these parts?

Regards,
Scott

Yes - we have a Primary Bin established for these parts.  But when I receive the part it automatically goes into the bin that is set up for receiving in the Plant configuration file.

My guess is that it is controlled by your  part class. You may need to set up a new part class for non inspected inventory purchases. 

Part Class determines if the inspection required flag is checked - but I do not think it controls what warehouse the part is received into.  I will test and verify.

Userlevel 3

The warehouse code is captured on the release when the release is created:

If you change the primary warehouse and have a new primary bin for the part, existing POs will still go to the warehouse on the PO release and the primary bin for that warehouse.  New releases should route correctly and you can change the warehouse on existing POs through the DMT or manually.