Question

QA PO Approvals

• 21 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Does Epicor natively support the ability to route POs in the approval process to Quality for  their approval?  I thought I could add a flag to the PO headers which when checked would route the POs for an initial Quality approvals before they can be “purchased”.  In order to use this field I would have to add QA people as Buyers and then only allow POs with the QA flag set to be “Approved” by QA people.  The issue I see with this is these QA people are basically just buyers at this point.  The other issue is I think they would have to be at every approval level.  So in our case 5k, 10k 50k and so forth (I don't think a 50k PO will stop at the 5K and 10k levels for approvals there.)  I would hate to add a bunch of code if Epicor supports what I am tiring to accomplish….

4 replies

We had a similar issue.  We ended up using a UD table for capturing the approval information and using an update dashboard for the users to go to and check boxes to approve the PO.  Doing this gets around having to set them up as Buyers to maintain a PO.  

Userlevel 2

You can use BPM Hold process and the Hold field on the PO for this. Only allow people from the Quality to remove this hold and also that the PO cannot be approved unless the Hold check box is cleared which can be done only Quality. UD fields on the PO Header can be used to log QA approvals.

Alternatively you can use the Requisition process for the by defining mandatory requisition actions by QA.

Userlevel 4

Within Purchase Orders as standard you can select that a PO Receipt has to be inspected by QA before it is booked into stock however you cannot get QA to sign it off before the PO is raised

In order to do this you need to use the Requisition Module so that QA sign it off before Purchasing approve the spend amount.

Feel free to DM me if you need more assistance

What if MRP is generating a PO suggestion rather than a requisition being created to order the items?