Question

Reinstall Client?

• 16 January 2021
  • 4 replies

I am upgrading from 10.2.100 to 10.2.700 and I’d like to know if I need to reinstall the client on all 70 computers in my environment. Does anyone know?

4 replies

Normally the clients will automatically update once the server is upgraded.

During your testing you should notice when you Launch the client perform a check of the version on the client and the server. If they don’t match - Version and Patch level then the existing client will be removed and the new client files downloaded in zip, expanded, and installed automatically. Each of the Client machines will go through this check Everytime they start up. Typical duration per client will vary on network speed and if it is a new Release or just patch level.

Testing will help you determine how long it will take and going from 10.2.100 to 10.2.700 will be a little longer as there is the Kinetic Forms change.

Upgrade one of your Test Databases first and review the new Functionality and Navigation and verify the Tools and Customizations upgrade successfully too. In a number of cases you may need to make some adjustments.

We upgraded from 10.2.200 to 10.2.500 few months ago. Clients had to be separately updated on every computer. In addition to differences in config file there are differences in client dlls.

Userlevel 3

When we upgraded from 10.2.300 to 10.2.400, all clients had to be manually updated as there was no automatic update from the server at that time.  I don’t know if newer versions of Epicor will perform an automatic update.