Question

RMA cost coming in (customer owned product) and Customer Part X Reference

• 14 May 2021
  • 2 replies

We are in the process of upgrading to Epicor 10.

Currently in E9 we use “fake” numbers to bring in RMA units.  We do not typically issue credit to customers, we rework and return both in and out of warranty returns, the units in house are customer owned.  We use standard costing.

We were doing the quoting, rework outside of Epicor.  We also are not able to obtain the original sales order or invoice from customers when the RMA is issued.  We do not track serial numbers in Epicor.

In E9 we were able to use the customer part cross reference for our real part as well as these RMA parts. 

In E10 we can no longer do this, we cannot have the customer x part attached to more than one internal part per customer.

This is how our RMA parts are structured.  They are Qty Bearing, Type:  Mfg parts

SRVRP-1251-IN  (Service Repair – Product Family – Warranty Status)

SRVRP-1251-OUT

We cannot alter the customer cross reference in any way.

Ideally, I would like to be able to bring in our real part number without bringing in the material cost so we will be able to reference the customer cross reference part in the sales order for RMA.

I have tried to disposition the RMA to a rework job, and overriding the cost, the material cost of the “real” part is still crediting Inventory-WIP and debiting Manufacturing Variance.

We are trying to modify our process to be completely in Epicor, from quote to shipment, but I am at a standstill with the material cost coming in.  The only way, it seems, is to use the “fake” parts however that brings me back to not being able to reference the customer part, which is mandatory.

I don’t know if what I’m trying to do is possible, If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Epicor has a warranty management module, that should be able to take care of this. We do not have it so cannot say much about. Also since you are upgrading anyways maybe time to think of using Serial numbers also.

Userlevel 4

The Customer Part Cross Reference can be a real pain, since it is automatically updated and won’t always do what is needed, depending on details as in your case.

You could build your own customer part table out of a UD table, which could have the one-to-many relationship with the Part table, or if you only need one customer part number for each internal part, you could use a UD field in the Part table.

..Monty.

Monty Wilson

ERP Product Liaison

Epicor Users Group

Monty.Wilson@epicorusers.org