Solved

Sales History

• 11 May 2021
  • 3 replies

IS there a way to merge sales history from one part number to another part number?

icon

Best answer by dan.ramirez 12 May 2021, 16:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2

This is an interesting concept. Where would you like to see this? In a BAQ/report? 

I’m assuming that grouping by product code is too broad?

I’m interested to hear what others think.

A few questions arise as to help determine a possible solution:

What is the business reason for combining - Similar product, Replaced Product, etc.?

What is the desire for the end result? Where will you use the combined data? Will it be used for Forecast for planning, used for adjusting the ABC code for Cycle Count, used for another purpose? Will it be a one time merge or an ongoing process as both parts are still being actively sold?

Based on the answers to the above questions and perhaps a few more as Dan mentions would you want a BAQ or Report or perhaps a BPM to update a quantity in some field?

Example that is easy to see the various history of a part is to use the Part Advisor or Part Transaction History Tracker and select multiple parts and you could manually export the Tab of Sold It? or the Transaction History and externally merge the values. Then you will need to answer the above questions as to what is the desire once the values are combined you can then follow the path to automate the combination of the values via a BAQ, then where do you want to utilize that new value?

Thanks

Bill

Userlevel 2

I could see a case where maybe you could key off the PartAlternate table when a part has a default substitute specified. This might be a way to “automate” or “standardize” the practice of selecting the appropriate part records to join together. Again, this is assuming we’re going to be starting with a BAQ. Just the idea alone is somewhat stimulating to me because I know we’ve had discussions in the past when comparing sales history, cost, etc. but we had a new part number replace an old one. Great question!