Question

Sales Order Backlog Report doesn't include all orders

• 30 June 2022
  • 8 replies

• Participating Frequently
  • 9 replies

Hello,

Can anyone assist on possible reasons some orders that appear to be in the proper date range for the Backlog report may be left off the report?

We have a report style that breaks at territories, and a few salespersons are not seeing all their orders on the report. 

When checking, the salesperson does have the territory assigned, and the order does have that salesperson listed on the order, and it has not shipped.

However when the report is ran, the order is not listed on the report.

Any thoughts on what might be stopping some orders from making it to the report?  It appears to be random, this is not happening to one salesperson.  So it may be a behavior or status on our end.  But we are under 2 years with Epicor so i am still learning all the ins and outs, so i don’t know what factors prevent an order from showing up on the Sales Order Backlog report.

Thank you for any assistance or guidance you can recommend.

8 replies

Hello @jdrowe .  Can you let us know … 

Are you using any of the filters on the report?
Do the Orders appear on the Sales Order Backlog Tracker?  
Do the Orders appear on the Sales Analysis report?  

Hi,

-We aren’t using filters, i made a copy of the canned (original Epicor) report style, and put routing rules.

The rules make a break at each territory (salesperson), and then emails the report to that Salesperson.  I had an Epicor Tech assist with the routing and making the break in the report style.  There are orders that show up, but not all of them.

-Not seeing a Backlog Tracker module in searching the menu, This order does show on the Order tracker, has not shipped yet so it should be showing up on the backlog report.

-I ran the Sales Analysis report just for that part number that is on the order that is missing from backlog, and the report fails, report error says no record selected.

I apologize if this wasn’t what you are asking, i am still learning how all the processes work, just the IT guy so don’t have good grasp on all the processes and when items show up in each module.

Thank you for your time.

Try searching “sales order backlog status”.  You should see Executive Analysis > Status Dashboards > Sales Order Backlog Status.  

Do you find that the delivered Sales Order Backlog report returns all the Orders as you would expect? 

The style you’re working on is updated to break at Territory.  That version does not include orders that are on the delivered report.  Is that correct?  Is there any pattern to the Salespersons or Territories that are missing Orders?  Or maybe a pattern to the number of Orders that print before an Order that should have reported is missed by the report?

Morning,

Yes i searched that order that should be on the salesperson report, and it does show in the Backlog status.

The order in question does show on the stock/canned Backlog report, however you are correct in the updated to break at Territory, that particular order does not show on the Salesperson report they are sent for their territories.  We haven’t done the deep dive of checking which orders are missing yet.  I thought i would try here to see if it was something simple that we were doing or not doing that would cause an order to not show up on the new styled report.

I will work with Sales on looking at what orders may be missing and look for commonalities or patterns.  I know some other SalesPeople have mentioned similiar that they believe some orders are missing from their reports that should be there.  So its not just one Salesperson

Thank you for taking a look and sharing your thoughts and guidance.

I had the same issue. What I found was that it was something to do with the grouping. If there is only one order for the specific group it didn't show up.

Kstinnett,

I will take a look there.  I know i had a tech helping with that, so i will see how it was grouped after that.

Thank you

Userlevel 1

Also, make sure the Sales Order lines\Releases are marked Firm

Melissah,

Yes i did check and on this missing order it is marked as Firm.

Thank you very much for the suggestion.