Question

Sales Territories by Post Codes

• 1 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

We are currently implementing Epicor Kinetic.

I have setup Territories per region and then boundaries by post code. I do not want a territory linked to a sales person as the sales reps are customer based and not by territory.

I was of the impression that when you then pressed the “get territory” button on a Sales Order/Quote it would apply the correct territory based on the post code for that customer.

Its not working though and is only pulling the default CRM assigned territory in company config.

I have had a case open with Epicor to say its not working and they have been about as helpful as a chocolate tea pot to be honest. They have said its working correctly and it only works by pulling the default from CRM. They have suggested just logging an Epicor Idea for an “improvement” 

Surely this is a bug? Has anyone else come across this or got it to work as it should?

I cant see the purpose of having a big “Get Territory” button if it has no purpose apart from pulling the default through from CRM.

4 replies

We have the territories working correctly.  When we use the “Get Territory” button it pulls the correct territory.  If I remember correctly, in the boundaries form we had to add United States to the country - not just the start and end postal codes.  We do have salespersons set - but we also have authorized users in our workforce so all salespeople can see all other salespeople’s territories.  It is an administrative nightmare but the only way I could get it to work for our situation.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your reply, we have the country set on the boundary already but it doesnt seem to like it.

I have the Territories start and end zips set as below on the boundaries but it just pulls directly from the default set in the CRM section in company config, regardless of the post code/state set on the customer.

See screenshots below - any ideas?

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Any ideas with this one guys?