Question

Single Plant Operation Masters

• 5 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4

Multi-plant folks, with Operations master records different between plants:  Is there a way of loading the single-plant operations only in the plant where they exist?

I used DMT for the loading of the separate operations into the two plants, but when I do it manually in the Operation program the same problem still exists.  When I enter a new Operation and its scheduling requirement in a given plant, it also appears without the scheduling requirement, in the other plant.  In the Operation (Maintenance) program, when I open one of these “not in this plant” operations, error messages are displayed saying, “a scheduling requirement must exist.”

10.2.700.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  We have two plants that have very different resources and capabilities, and we’ve attempted to keep the operations, resources and resource groups separate between the plants.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

I find when I load the operations in the primary plant it copies to the secondary plant, but not vice versa. So I do everything first in the primary plant. Then I change plants and update the secondary plant with the correct scheduling requirement. If I do it in the opposite order it causes no end of problems.

Userlevel 4

Understood.  But what about operations that are only carried out in one plant, not the other?  To avoid error messages in Operations (Maintenance) I would rather not have those ops  loaded at all, in the plant where they make no sense.  Does anyone know any way of doing that?

Userlevel 1

If you are going to have an engineered revision in both plants I don’t see an alternative but to delete them after Epicor adds them. If one plant manufactures and the other distributes, then you can only have the revision on one plant.

I use a site specific identifier in the op numbers and descriptions.  Open Op Maintenance in the site you are doing maintenance for, search and filter for the ops for that site. Since you already have your ops established, simply tack on a site specific identifier to your description and use that to only pull in the ops that have resources for that site.  

Userlevel 3

Operations are not site specific but will only be available in a site if a scheduling resource or capability has been assigned to them.  This does allow you to easily move a product from one site to another (with alternates).

The column allow in current site is on the operation maintenance and the engineering operation master list.

Operations list in two different sites.