Question

SSRS Barcode Packslip - Barcode PackNum

I am trying to barcode the PackNum on the Packslip using SSRS

I looked at the Job Traveler and it appears this field needs to be in the RDD as a calculated field…???

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help

Patty

3 replies

Userlevel 3

You can include the field in the RDD and place it on the report.  For 3of9, you’ll need to put an asterisk before and after the data so it can be scanned.  That’s what the calculated field is doing, putting in the asterisks.  You can do this in the report either on the field or as a calculated field in the Dataset.

Dumb request, but do you have an example of the expression?  I have tried adding it to the RDD as a calc field and I have tried adding the asterisks manually inside the expression (not in the RDD as a calc field) and I cannot get the darn thing to scan.  It prints the barcode but not scanning data.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Patty

Userlevel 3

I don’t have a report handy at the moment.  I would add a calculated field to the SSRS report’s data set (not the RDD).  The formula would be like =”*” + Fields!PackNum.Value + “*”

Then you can put the field on the report both in a normal font as well as the 3of9 font and make sure the value is what you expect.