Question

Track production errors

• 11 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Operations Production Manager asks:  Is there any error logging capabilities in Epicor?  We need a way to track Sewing/Production errors and create reports from this data.  Linking this info directly to Job Orders would be ideal.

Please advise.

7 replies

Userlevel 3

Are you trying to track Rework, due to Sewing/Production errors?  If so, yes Epicor can capture Rework on operation steps, logging the time to perform the rework, just as it logs time against a production job step.  There is a checkbox on the Start Activity screen in MES, which is used to identify the activity as Rework.

Userlevel 2

You can also record Non conforming product made on any job with reasons thereof, while recording production.

I will share  your responses with our Production Manager and Quality Manager.

Thank you for your response.

Gina

Userlevel 4

If you have the Enhanced Quality module, you can include inspection requirements and procedures in your shop, and if an item fails inspection you can rework it, or scrap it if it can’t be reworked.  Metrics can be collected on all these activities.

Best,

...Monty.

Monty Wilson

ERP Product Liaison

Epicor Users Group

Monty.Wilson@epicorusers.org 

Depending on the flow of your company, I would think the Non-conformance/DMR system would be the place to start.  I don’t know which modules you need and which ones you have.  That will drive a lot of your procedures.  

Userlevel 4

Non-conformances and DMRs are part of the Enhanced Quality module.

Non-conformances and DMRs are part of the Enhanced Quality module.

I thought they were part of the basic quality module?  Enhanced would get you inspection plans, skip lot routines, and an inspection configurator.