Solved

User cannot see menu but no menu security

Userlevel 1

Ok team, here is an odd one….

I have a user that has a full Epicor license, has favorites setup for menu items in Inventory and Purchasing, but the Material Management high level menu is not shown in her menu tree. If she searches for something like PO Entry, which is on her favorites tiles and uses all day every day, there are no search results. 

I reviewed the menu security for both the main Materials Management and the sub menus  of Inventory and Purchasing and they have the checkbox checked for the Allow All Access.

Any ideas on why we can see those menu items but she has the Favorites for some of the menus under the General Operations?

I’m stumped..

Thanks

Melissa

icon

Best answer by Chris.G 7 July 2022, 16:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

It’s a long shot, but is she possibly in the disallow tab under menu security?  Disallow take precedence over Allow All Access.

Userlevel 1

That was the first thing I checked. What is odd is that she has favorite tiles setup with menu options like PO Entry, Requsition Entry, Issue Material, etc that are all under top level menus that she currently does not see. And if she searches for these already Favorited options, the search does not show results

It’s almost as if she somehow ‘unpinned’ these menus like you used to be able to do in the Classic versions

Any other areas I can look at?

Userlevel 3

Does this happen if the user logs into Epicor on a different PC?

Does the user have access to the top level in menu security? 

It’s like Active Directory, it inherits down to the child below it. I think she needs access to Main Menu,  Materials Management > Purchasing > General  Opps > PO Entry if you are only providing her access to certain options under Purchasing.  

If you run the Menu Security Report for just her, can you see her access?

Question if she using Active Pages / Kinetic Home?  I’ve experienced this...

Not sure if this will help or not but it has happened to me a few times with a user not being able to see my updated customization I’ve added to the menu. 

If the  out of the box or added shortcut points to an older version of the form, I’ve found they can still get to a base form even though the form may have changed. 

I have to edit the menu > delete the application short cut and add it again.  It picks up the new form. 

Userlevel 1

With your help and ideas I figured it out. Under her user account I had her in a security group that was Disallowed on that menu so that overrode her actual access.

Thank You All!

Melissa