Solved

Valid Warehouse Error When Receiving

• 16 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4

We are setting up a new 10.2 system and have tried to set up the warehouses and bins as closely as possible to the current state system.  In Receipt Entry, with my created packer open, I create a new receipt line, pull-in the line/release, and mark it received, the default warehouse is shown.  I can choose a bin within that warehouse, no problem.  Then when I try clicking the Save icon, I see the error, “A valid warehouse is required.”  Is there something about warehouses I have to configure, to allow them to receive these items?  Thanks,

….Monty.

icon

Best answer by wayne.welsch 16 March 2022, 21:22

View original

7 replies

It sounds like you are purchasing/receiving to inventory and have Advanced Material Management licensed. Is that true?

Userlevel 4

Yes.

Userlevel 4

However, the Inspection Required is not checked for this line.  Am I doing something wrong?

We recently added the AMM license. The following setup areas now matter much more:

• Site Configuration default warehouse and bin (Modules > Inventory > General > Detail)
  • Primary Warehouse and Primary Bin in Part Maintenance (Part > Sites and Part > Sites > Warehouses > Primary Bin)
  • For receipts to job materials, Resource Group or Resource Input Warehouse/Bin, Output Warehouse/Bin

Then we discovered the To Location button in Receipt Entry. Look at the application help around that button. 

I hope this might give you at least a clue as to where you might need to look for any missing setup. Does this help?

Userlevel 1

Hey Monty,

You need to go into Part > Site and add the warehouse and then the bin to the part. The part isn’t allowed into that bin until you do.

Userlevel 3

Hi @mwilson ,

check Site Configuration default warehouse and bin (Modules > Inventory > General > Detail), try clearing the general Bin and see, i think it has an issue conflicting with some screens in some versions

Userlevel 4

@wayne.welsch @jay.stauffer @ali 

Thanks so much Guys!  When I go into the Site Configuration, and make sure all plants (sites) have a default warehouse configured for receiving, shipping, and general, suddenly the receive line will allow me to choose a warehouse and bin, and save the received line!  Great catch.  Also, the To Location button is grayed-out as it was before, and I’m sure once I set up the part with primary warehouse and default bin, that the button will become available.

All best,

...Monty.