Solved

Warehouse/Transfer Setup

• 12 April 2022
  • 4 replies

We have one site (main plant). We currently have one warehouse. In the near future, we will have two additional warehouses in different locations. These will not manufacture, but will house inventory for distribution. 

Do we need to set these up as additional sites so that we can setup transfer orders? Is there a better way to handle the movement of the inventory? We need something to tell shipping to pick the orders and ship them to the other warehouses rather than just telling Epicor that the inventory is in the second location now. I currently have a test warehouse set up, but it looks like I might need a multi-site license to do what we need. 

icon

Best answer by dan.ramirez 12 April 2022, 18:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

We are multi-site. We use transfer orders to go between buildings. It’s nice because it gives you the ability to move material but doesn’t just appear when it’s moved from one site to the other. It requires someone to ship and receive these. Without the multi-site, I don’t think you will be able to accomplish what you’re trying to do. Perhaps you could survive with the move inventory request and manage it in the queue? Are you shipping across the parking lot? Across town? Across country? Those might factor in to which path could work for you.

Userlevel 1

An important reason to use multi-site is that it is easier to set min/max/safety for those remote warehouses. 

We don’t mind using multi-site if that’s what we need. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. It sounds like we just need to add the multi-site license. Thank you!

Userlevel 2

You can try using Kanban which is designed for such use cases.