Question

What User Manual For Purchase Planning?

• 14 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

K2022.1 Multi-company, Multi-site, classic screens.

In what Epicor manual can I find a method for deriving the part planning numbers for purchased items, in order to have the most accurately timed PO suggestions?  These parameters include:

• Min, max, safety, Re-Order to Max
  • Min Order Qty
  • Lead Time (can be overridden in Supplier Price List)
  • Planning Time Fence, Reschedule Out Delta, Reschedule In Delta
  • Multiple, Min Lot Size, Max Lot Size, Days of Supply
  • Start Min Lot Qty
  • Lead Time (again?)
  • Min Start Qty
  • Horizon Days, Min Lot Size, Max Lot Size, Days of Supply (Short Horizon)

I’m not asking for field documentation on these fields, but instead an Epicor manual that documents what calculations we should do, on order to calculate the fields above.

Thanks,

...Monty.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Monty -

This is the Inventory topic Friday from 12:30-1:30 PM (CST) in the virtual user group online meeting.

Register online

See you there!

Calvin

VIRTUAL USER GROUP AGENDA:

AGENDA (all times are US Central)
NEW BUSINESS
9:00 AM – 9:15 AM

Future Meetings and Upcoming Events

RECONCILING BANK STATEMENTS
9:20 AM – 10:20 AM
An experienced professional will take the group through how to properly use Epicor's Bank Reconciliation process to reconcile your monthly statements.  Learn some tips and tricks for how to make the process smoother, and how to deal with common issues.

BAQs - USING CALCULATED FIELDS TO ROTATE MULTIPLE COLUMNS WITH PIVOT
10:25 AM – 11:55 AM
Kevin Barrow (Steffes Solutions) uses BAQ calculated fields to rotate multiple columns with Pivot.  He'll walk through a sample and show how to do this.

LUNCH
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM

MAINTAINING MIN/MAX/SAFETY MASS UPDATED AND THE IMPACT ON PURCHASE SUGGESTIONS
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
How do the min/max/safety values affect your purchasing suggestions?  How do you easily update these en masse?  This will be a walkthrough of the different settings and their impact as well as some tips so that you avoid errors and miscalculations.  

ENGINEERING CHANGE MANAGEMENT PROCESS INCLUDING INVENTORY COST RAMIFICATIONS OF CHANGES
1:30 PM – 2:25 PM
Learn how to handle change management within your engineering processes.  We'll go over some best practices as well as how different settings affect your part costs.  This session can help both finance and engineering roles.

STUMP THE CHUMP (OPEN Q&A)
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Get answers from the presenters, fellow members, and special guests.  If you have something particular you want answered, send your questions to STC by February 12.

Userlevel 2

Many thanks, Calvin, for the heads-up.  That’s not my question, though.  I’m asking, which Epicor manual covers purchased part planning.  Does anyone know?

All best,

...Monty.