Solved

WIP Balance Incorrect

• 12 April 2024
  • 2 replies

If I look at the WIP balance on part tracker, should it match a calculated balance on a job? I have parts where the calculated difference between the first and second operation postings do not match the balance on part tracker for that job. 

For example: Operation Completed Quantity is 186480 and Operation 20 is 124320. Balance should be 62160. WIP quantity on the job and part tracker shows 26640.

I am trying to create a schedule for the second operation that shows balance available. 

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by mhuffar 12 April 2024, 16:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

swilson,

We saw this in 2022.2 and reported it.  It is fixed in 2023.2.  It may have been fixed sooner.  We upgraded from 2022.2 to 2023.2 in January 2024.

Here is the text from our Case

• Jorge Guerra 2023-09-22 16:29:48

Hello Mike, I hope you are doing great today. After reviewing this internally I can confirm that this functionality was available in 10.2.700. However, when the 2022 version was launched it was determined that the WIP would not be consumed anymore. This is working as designed, hence we could not declare that this is a flaw in the system. It was after receiving feedback from our clients that this functionality was brought back at the moment of launching the 2023 version, in the form of a checkbox in the Site Configuration Maintenance, so the customers can decide whether they want to have the WIP consumed or not. My suggestion is to upgrade your version, as we discussed before. Thank you for your understanding.

Mike

Mike, thank you for your quick response. We are on an older version, and it looks like I will just have to use a subquery to do the calculation myself. Hopefully when we upgrade next year it will fix some of the issues.