Question

Workforce ID and Customer Entry

• 12 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

We are currently doing a bit of a tidy of our system and one of the things we have looked at it is Salespersons, we had a massive list of people in Salesperson on the Customer and i understand that this is linked to Workforce IDs. We made the Workforce IDs inactive of those people who were not Salespeople however we then had an issue were people who needed access to Customer Entry no longer had access to the Customer. Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

3 replies

There are few ways you can look into this one.  for starters in Work Force Entry there is a checkbox called “View All Territories”.  You can try that to see if that helps.  I have never tried it on an inactive person, but give it a shot.

The second option would be to setup the new sales person as an “Authorized User” in Work Force.

The third option would be the add the new sales person to the sales territory of the inactive persons.

Finally, when you create the new sales person, you can assign the old persons territory to  in Sales Territory Maintenance.

We reassign / reorganize sales territories all the time.  I don’t like the way Epicor handles because find the process is not very clean and you have to duplicate steps.  However to make sure the right sales person is associated with the right accounts it really is the only solution for managing territories.

Userlevel 2

I think i may not have explained myself correctly, our Salespeople are External Sales People, they do not use Customer Entry or Tracker etc.. We have internal account managers who then manage the Customers and Sales Orders on EPICOR however as these people are not marked as Sales People and do not have a Workforce ID they cannot get to the Customers to manage them.

Got it.  So internal manger “Sam Smith” is not in Work Force, but outside sales person “Jane Doe” is in Work Force and is on the account in customer entry.  I believe you have to put “Sam Smith” into work force.  I don’t know any other way.