Solved

Fixed Cost in BoM

• 31 January 2024
  • 3 replies

We have a few parts that we need to set up with Bill of Materials. We have a fixed cost associated with the part that needs to be added to the BoM to make sure it is calculated with the overall cost.

This isn’t a part or an operation. It is basically a fee that we need to tack onto the overall cost. Think of it as a sort of setup fee for each part that is created.

What is the best way to put this into the BoM?

icon

Best answer by pjackson 31 January 2024, 21:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

I usually create a pseudo part in the part master (Set as non-quantity bearing), and add it to the BOM.  You can control what GL Account is credited on the Part Class.  We do this for a Hazmat fee we have, and direct it (part Class) to the GL Account where AP codes the invoices that include the Hazmat fee from UPS.

That was the direction I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t already functionality in the workbench that would do that sort of thing.

Thanks for the clarification.

Userlevel 3

I have done something very similar to what Paul Jackson recommended as well.. going back 24+ years, we used to have a fee called “HKFreight” (Hong Kong Freight).. the UOM was DOLLAR, and we could include up to two decimals for each dollar… so when we wanted to charge $5.67, we shipped that quantity. it was non-qty bearing.