Question

Buy to Job without automatic issuing.

• 2 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

We do a lot of buying to a job. These are mostly fabrics and lot controlled, so we cannot allow Epicor to automatically issue to the job at receipt. Currently the job material and the PO are not linked. It is only noted on the PO comments. That makes it very difficult to track. We move very fast and there is a lot of time pressure on each job. Is there a way to link the PO to the job but not automatically receive it to the job when the PO is received?

We are on 10.2.400

4 replies

Hi Doug,

It’s like a bit like raising sales orders not as make direct when you have 0 QOH. The only real way to know is through tools like the time phase. 

I think unless you go down the route of customisation, you have two preferential options using the base system:

1. Leave them at arrived, create a dashboard for tracking what is arrived, their jobs, dates etc. Receive upon issuing. Obviously this has a financial impact, so this would need to be fleshed out more, i.e., if you leave them as arrived for 2 weeks… But why wouldn’t you just buy to stock at this point?
  2. Configure BOM’s (I assume they’re purchase direct now) to not be purchase direct, and let the MRP/PO Sug system to create Inventory PO’s, utilising a low days of supply to emulate PO’s per job. 

Thanks

Connor

Userlevel 4

Dear Doug, 

If you’re purchasing to job material, please have another look; I think they are linked by default.  Please open a Purchase-to-material PO, and it can be a closed one.  Then look at the Releases / Detail tab and notice that there is a link to Job / Asm / Mtl Seq right there.  Because the PO release can be linked to the receipt and the lot, this may help you with more accurate reporting.

HTH

Monty.

Userlevel 1

A quick baq linking the PartTran table to the RcvDtl will get you what you need. We have the same issue.

Userlevel 1

Thank you all. This may be worth going down the customization route for us, but I was hoping to avoid it. In the short term I will do some BAQs/dashboards as suggested.