Question

Error Loading Home Page - Kinetic Client

• 24 April 2024
  • 5 replies

About 60 days ago, some of our Kinetic clients started receiving the following error when attempting to sign in:  “Error Loading Home Page - hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1”  The fix from support is to delete the users local app data for Epicor.  It fixes the issue short term however, we have had at least two clients return the same issue after 10+ days of the application working. 

Looking to see if anyone is experiencing this issue and if you have either a reason or a permanent fix.

Thank you,

Dave Miller

5 replies

Userlevel 4

@Dave Miller 

We have one user who has been encountering that error repeatedly since March 27, but we have not been able to determine the cause.  Similarly, if the client cache folder and the local app data folder are cleared, the user can resume using Epicor, but inevitably, the issue returns.  We are using version 10.2.200.40.

Regards,

Userlevel 4

Dave, I just found the following post in the Subreddit for Epicor…

https://www.reddit.com/r/epicor/comments/1byqfon/hexadecimal_value_0x00_is_an_invalid_character/?rdt=37543

Userlevel 1

Dave -

Can you remove the permissions from the user to Personalize the screens, remove any personalizations, and see if this stops the issue of coming back?

Calvin

Userlevel 4

@calvind 

Hi Calvin.  I’m curious about your suggestion, so I want to ask about it before we try it here.  If you don’t mind me asking, what specifically are you suspecting about personalization that would trigger the hexadecimal errors?

Regards,

Hi,

We have also had this problem with many of our users. The issue has apparently been caused by a Windows update in early April and is fixed in the Windows 23H2 patch which is now rolling out. See this article for further details: EpicCare Knowledge Article - EpicCare (epicor.com) 

It has worked for us.

Regards,